Follow along with Jay as he demonstrates a core circuit workout to build functional strength and a six-pack.
This circuit-style workout includes exercises to target various areas of the core, ensuring a well-rounded and intense routine.
Full video tutorial available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvd9hOEJEg0
- Perform each exercise one after the other with minimal rest in between
- After the last exercise, rest for 60 seconds
- Repeat for 3 total sets
Dumbbell or Kettlebell Single Arm Suitcase Carry (30 seconds per arm)
- Unilateral anti-lateral flexion core exercise
- Engages core and improves overall stability
Band High to Low Kneeling Wood Chopper (12 reps per side)
- Targets obliques and works rotation and anti-rotation
- Modify by using a lighter resistance band or walking closer to the anchor point
Dumbbell Dead Bug (20 reps, 10 per side)
- Anti-extension and flexion core exercise
- Maintain proper hip and core position throughout
Side Plank Knee to Elbow (15 reps per side)
- Isometric oblique exercise with lateral flexion and glute engagement
- Modify by resting foot between reps or adjusting foot placement for added stability
Hanging Knee to Elbow (Max reps)
- Engage scapula and use core to pull knees towards elbows
- Modify by shortening the range of motion
Remember to like and subscribe to JTM Fits YouTube channel for more workouts like this one!